Sunday, November 20, 2016

Abby and the renovation

I'm happy to report Miss Abby is acting more like her frisky self today.  She was much more playful, although playtime is shorter she still brought me a toy to throw many times today. 
You know she's serious when she delivers the toy butt-first.  Poor rabbit.  Lol.  I'm so relieved she is getting better.  And special thanks to a sweet reader Carolyn who emailed me Saturday morning with her experience with this and poodles.  Seems HGE is most common in miniature poodles.  (Of course). It helped a lot and I'm so grateful she took the time to reach out.     Now, the renovation of the living room is as done as it's going to get before Christmas.   This was my best friend - the rented steamer
It helped a lot with getting that gawd-awful wallpaper off of the wood panelling.
I think I'll be finding little scraps of wallpaper for months.   What a flipping mess!
Then it was time to fix a few spots with drywall compound, sand and then time to prime.
The task of filling in all those lines with primer was sooooooo tedious and the first coat just got sucked into that old wood so it needed a second coat of primer.  I should add here that my attention span for projects is about 3 days.  This took 6 days!  Ugh, and then painting out the woodwork was worse but I kept going. Finally the color was applied, furniture moved back and then the fireplace arrived!   I assembled it this morning.   
And after 2 years of living here I finally hung my funky martini painting.  There is still trim that need another coat of white but that will wait.  Now I'll just kick back and enjoy the room as it is for awhile. Now all I need to do is find a spot for the Christmas tree.   Maybe next weekend it will go up.  

10 comments:

  1. What the heck is HGB and I'm SO HAPPY that Abby is feeling better. So now you and Abby can enjoy the holidays in a wonderfully renovated room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy Abbey is feeling better a friend's do had that too. Just not a lot of fun.
    your house is looking so sweet! You are getting all tucked in for the long winter.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news. That's such tedious work but what a beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stripping wallpaper is one of the worse jobs ever! Congrats on getting it done and the room looks wonderful!
    So happy to hear Abby is doing better. So scary.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy Abby news, learning about HGB...your room looks great...your attention span is much longer than mine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super news! So glad Miss Abby is feeling better and is getting her "spunk" back!
    All your hard work has paid off, your room looks super and love the new fireplace, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for sweet Abby. Love the cozy fireplace and martini. Painting looks great above it.blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad that Abby is on the mend. Your wall is beautiful!! I know you are saying it was a lot of work, but it is a wonderful look! And I like your martini picture. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Abby!

    Wow! I didn't realize the wallpaper was OVER paneling! Yikes Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news that Abby us back to her old self.

    Wow - quite the project! It looks great with your fireplace!

    ReplyDelete