Friday, May 27, 2016

50 ways to celebrate

Even though I tried to convince myself it wasn't happening, I celebrated a birthday this week.  I reluctantly rolled over into a new decade.  It's not so much that I mind "being" 50 but I don't like "saying" I'm 50.  Lol.  I realized that when I was in university, my Mom was the age I am now and I thought my Mom was so OLD.  GROAN....... So here are a few highlights from my big day.  I arrived at work and the entrance to my office was filled with balloons
Later that day my Mom's best friend arrived at my door with this
I knew she didn't really buy me a case of vodka.   Lol.   Inside the box was a real treat.  
There were 50 individually wrapped gifts!  Each one numbered
What a neat idea! I had so much fun opening them all.  Some practical kitchen gadgets etc, some funny inside jokes, some sweet reminders of my Mom, some beautiful keepsakes.   I think it was one of the nicest gifts I have ever received.  And there was another very special surprise.  My sweet friend Kim from Field of Dreams blog sent me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. 
A bouquet of pure sunshine all the way from California!  Have I mentioned before what a lucky girl I am?  

9 comments:

  1. Another mile stone....best wishes for the next and the next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is all I can say. How lucky you are to have such special friends. Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Kim, just a number my friend, like fine wine, the older the better. Wonderful of your friends, looked great..Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice birthday!! I love that idea of that 50 presents in the Vodka box. It sounds like a very happy day.
    Really it isn't so bad being in this new decade. :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Kim.
    I had no idea this was the big one!!! It sounds like it was a good one. I bet you don't act your age...lol!
    Sending lots of birthday hugs and wishes.
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had such a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize it was a big one either. I turn a big one this year and I still older than you. what a wonderful Birthday.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had a happy day! What a fun box of gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to you! Love the box of 50 little gifts idea!

    ReplyDelete